Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
- In large saucepan, combine kamut and cold water to cover by 2 inches. Cover and let stand at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Drain kamut. In same saucepan, bring 2 quarts water to a boil. Add kamut and 1/2 teaspoon salt and return to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until tender and grains begin to open, about 45 minutes. Drain, rinse under cold running water and drain well. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Add wild rice and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and return to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until tender, 45 to 50 minutes. Drain, rinse under cold running water and drain well. Set aside.
- While grains are cooking, if using almonds, preheat oven to 350°F. Spread nuts in small baking pan and bake until lightly browned, about 8 minutes. Set aside.
- Preheat broiler. Place pepper quarters on broiler pan, skin side up. Watching carefully, broil until skin is charred. Transfer to paper bag, seal and let stand until cool. Peel peppers, rinse briefly under cold running water and cut into strips.
- In large bowl, combine kamut, wild rice, toasted almonds, pepper strips, scallions, orange sections and celery. Add Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette and toss to blend. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour. Bring to room temperature before serving.
- Serving Size 8 servings
- Calories 266
- Carbohydrate Content 43 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 422 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g