Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
The smaller, yellower Key lime has a flavor that’s less harsh yet more intense than the common Persian lime.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Make crust: In food processor, process graham crackers into fine crumbs (you should have about 2 cups). Add sugar and soy milk and process until mixture is texture of sand, about 30 seconds.
- Lightly coat 10-inch pie plate with cooking spray. Press crumb mixture into bottom and sides. Bake crust for 5 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before filling.
- In food processor or blender, combine filling ingredients and process until smooth. If mixture is lumpy, press it through sieve. Pour filling into crust.
- Bake pie until custard is firm, about 40 minutes. Let cool.
- Make meringue: Fill large saucepan halfway with water and bring to a boil. In metal bowl that will sit securely on top of saucepan, combine egg whites, sugar and pinch of salt. Place bowl over hot water. Stir constantly until egg whites are warm to the touch.
- Remove bowl from pan and beat with electric mixer at high speed until stiff peaks form, about 12 minutes. Transfer meringue to pastry bag fitted with large star tip. Preheat broiler.
- In lattice pattern, pipe meringue onto pie. Broil 5 inches from heat source until lightly browned.
- Serving Size 10 Servings
- Calories 186
- Carbohydrate Content 36 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 3 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 158 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g