Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
The secret to this pie is cream of coconut, most commonly used by bartenders to make piña coladas. Don’t confuse it with coconut milk, which is unsweetened and thinner. Chill well before serving.
To make Crust:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Stir together crushed graham crackers, margarine, and agave nectar in bowl. Press mixture into bottom and sides of 9-inch pie dish using fingers or bottom of drinking glass. Place Crust in freezer while oven preheats.
2. Bake Crust 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden. Cool.
To make Filling:
3. Place cream of coconut, cashews, tofu, lime juice, cornstarch, agave nectar, and lime zest in blender or food processor; blend until very smooth (press mixture through strainer if blender cannot completely blend cashews).
4. Transfer Filling to saucepan, and heat over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, or until Filling thickens, stirring constantly.
5. Spread Filling in Crust. Chill at least 4 hours before serving. Serve garnished with lime slices and crushed graham crackers.
- Serving Size Serves 10
- Calories 364
- Carbohydrate Content 49 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 17 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 8 g
- Sodium Content 138 mg
- Sugar Content 35 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g