This is a light but luscious version of the classic English layered desert.
- 3 large ripe bananas, sliced into 1/2-inch-thick pieces
- 1/4 cup finely chopped mint leaves
- 2 Tbs. lime juice
- 2 Tbs. honey
- 1 5.5-oz. pkg. lady fingers
- 3 cups low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 8 kiwis, ripe but still firm, peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch-thick pieces
- 1/3 cup chopped toasted pistachios
- Mint sprigs for garnish
1. Blend bananas, chopped mint, lime juice and honey in small bowl.
2. Line bottom of 5x12-inch ceramic terrine mold (or 3x9-inch loaf pan) with 1/3 of lady fingers. Top with layers of 1/3 of yogurt, 1/3 of kiwi slices, half of banana mixture and half of pistachios. Repeat all layers once. Top with remaining 1/3 lady fingers, yogurt and kiwis. Cover and chill up to 3 hours.
3. Garnish with mint sprigs; serve.
To toast pistachios: Spread nuts in small baking dish and bake 7 to 10 minutes at 350°F until lightly toasted and fragrant, stirring twice.
- Serving Size: Serves 8
- Calories: 290
- Carbohydrate Content: 53 g
- Cholesterol Content: 76 mg
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 94 mg
- Sugar Content: 30 g