Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
These crunchy cookies, traditionally served on New Year’s Day, are the perfect accompaniment to a glass of champagne when the clock strikes midnight.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray. Combine flour, ground almonds, baking powder, and salt in bowl.
- Beat margarine and confectioners’ sugar with electric mixer until creamy. Beat in soymilk and vanilla and almond extracts. Add flour mixture; beat until smooth. Stir in chopped almonds.
- Shape piece of dough into 1-inch ball. Roll into 3-inch log, and bend into crescent. Set on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough, setting cookies 1 inch apart. Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until just beginning to brown on top. Transfer to wire rack, and dust with confectioners’ sugar. Cool; roll in confectioners’ sugar to completely coat.
- Serving Size Makes 36 cookies
- Calories 37
- Carbohydrate Content 7 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 48 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g