This bursting-with-citrus chutney is a snap to make and keeps for several weeks in the refrigerator. Try it on cheese and crackers, or with poached eggs or baked tofu. You can also use it as a base for a terrific blended salad dressing.
- 1 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 cup sliced kumquats (about 16)
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 Tbs. sugar
- 2 Tbs. white wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- Heat oil in small saucepan over medium heat. Add kumquats and onion, and sauté 5 minutes, or until onion is softened.
- Stir in sugar and 1/2 cup water, reduce heat to medium low, and simmer 5 to 7 minutes more. Remove from heat, and stir in vinegar. Cool, and store in airtight container in refrigerator.
- Serving Size: Makes 1 cup
- Calories: 26
- Carbohydrate Content: 4 g
- Fat Content: 1 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 2 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g