- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped (1 cup)
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced (1 cup)
- 1 bunch watercress, trimmed and chopped (2 cups)
- 5 cups vegetable stock or water
- 2 Tbs. vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Chopped chives for garnish
- 5 medium leeks (white and pale green parts only), chopped (4 cups)
- 1 1/2 Tbs. vegetable oil
- In large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add leeks and onion and cook until tender, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Add potato and watercress. Cook until wilted, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Add stock, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until potato is tender, about 30 minutes. Stir in Worcestershire sauce and season with salt and pepper.
- In food processor or blender, purée soup in batches. Serve warm or chilled garnished with chopped chives if desired.
- Can be made the day before or frozen for up to 1 month.
- Serving Size: 6 servings
- Calories: 255
- Carbohydrate Content: 43 g
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 377 mg