Olivada (olive paste) or green olive bruschetta topping are tasty additions to this recipe. (Add 1/3 cup of one or the other in step 5.)
- 1 cup packed fresh parsley leaves (1 bunch)
- 1/2 cup fresh dill sprigs
- 2 whole cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 Tbs. plus 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 7-oz. pkg. frozen artichokes, thawed and quartered
- 1 10-oz. pkg. fresh green beans (about 2 cups)
- 1 lb. fettuccine
- 1 6-oz. bag baby spinach
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
1. Bring large pot of salted water to a boil.
2. Blend parsley, dill, garlic and 2 Tbs. oil in food processor.
3. Heat 2 tsp. oil in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Saute artichokes 2 minutes, or until heated through. Set aside.
4. Add green beans to boiling water. Simmer 5 minutes, then remove from pot with slotted spoon. Cook pasta in boiling water according to package directions, or until al dente; drain.
5. Return pot to stove. Add spinach, 1 cup broth, lemon juice and zest, artichokes, pasta, beans and herb mixture. Cook 3 minutes, or until spinach wilts, moistening with remaining cup of broth as needed. Season with salt and pepper. Divide pasta among serving plates, sprinkle with feta cheese, and serve.
- Serving Size: Serves 6
- Calories: 461
- Carbohydrate Content: 66 g
- Cholesterol Content: 86 mg
- Fat Content: 15 g
- Fiber Content: 8 g
- Protein Content: 17 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 627 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g