Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Bursting with the flavor of lemon and the crunch of sunflower and sesame seeds, this dense, moist loaf has the added goodness of flaxseeds.
- In blender, grind flaxseeds to fine powder. Add 1/3 cup water and blend until frothy. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350ûF. Grease and flour 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- In large bowl, combine oil, tahini and sugar. Beat with electric mixer on medium until blended. Beat in reserved flax mixture. In medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt. Add to wet mixture, beating at low speed until smooth. Beat in soy milk, lemon juice and peel. Fold in sunflower seeds and raisins until blended. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle poppy seeds evenly over top. Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 50 to 60 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes, then invert loaf onto rack and cool completely before slicing.
- Serving Size 12 slices
- Calories 278
- Carbohydrate Content 38 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 98 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g