You will love what a splash of fresh lemon juice and a touch of mint can do for rice.
- 3 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups jasmine rice, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow bell peppers
- 1/2 cup dried currants
- 3 Tbs. chopped fresh mint plus mint leaves for garnish
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
1. Bring water to a boil in saucepan, add rice, and bring to a second boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 10 minutes.
2. Add scallions, bell peppers, currants and mint. Stir, and add lemon juice, salt and pepper.
3. Cover, and cook 10 minutes or until rice is tender. Fluff with a fork, and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Serving Size: SERVES 8
- Calories: 135
- Carbohydrate Content: 31 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 76 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g