Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
The rosemary and lemon aromas of these cookies will make your kitchen smell like an Italian bakery.
1. Beat butter, sugar, rosemary, and lemon zest with electric mixer 3 minutes, or until creamy. Beat in egg yolks and vanilla.
2. Whisk together flours, baking powder, and salt in bowl. Add to butter mixture, and beat until just combined. Shape into 2 1-inch-wide logs. Wrap in wax paper, and chill 2 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray 2 baking sheets with cooking spray. Slice cookies into 1/3-inch-thick rounds. Place turbinado sugar in bowl and press one cut side of cookies into sugar. Place sugar-side up on baking sheets. Bake 15 minutes, or until golden brown on bottoms. Transfer to wire racks to cool.
- Serving Size Makes about 40 cookies
- Calories 48
- Carbohydrate Content 6 g
- Cholesterol Content 16 mg
- Fat Content 2 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 63 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g