Ready-made sorbet is a wonderful freezer standby, and served with a jewel-like sauce, it will surely impress. If lemon is not your favorite flavor, try an orange, mango or pineapple sorbet.
- Thin strips lemon peel for garnish
- Fresh raspberries for garnish
- 1 to 2 pints lemon sorbet or other fruit sorbet
- 1 pint fresh raspberries or 12-oz. pkg. frozen raspberries, thawed
- 2 Tbs. confectioners’ sugar
- Sauce: In food processor or blender, process raspberries until pureed. Strain through fine-meshed sieve into medium saucepan; discard seeds. Stir confectioners’ sugar and 2 tablespoons water into raspberry puree.
- Bring mixture to boil over low heat, stirring occasionally. Cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and let cool.
- To serve, scoop sorbet into shallow bowls. Spoon a little raspberry sauce around each plate, garnish with lemon peel and fresh raspberries and serve.
- Serving Size: 4 to 6 servings
- Calories: 134
- Carbohydrate Content: 33 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 8 mg