Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
For an added treat, spoon sliced, sweetened strawberries over each portion. This lemony dessert can be prepared two days ahead and kept frozen.
- Make crust: Preheat oven to 325˚F. Butter 9-inch round springform pan. In small saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons butter. Add lemon peel and almond extract. In medium bowl, combine almonds and graham cracker crumbs. Slowly drizzle butter mixture into crumb mixture and toss with fork until crumbs are evenly moistened.
- Press crumbs over bottom and 1 inch up sides of prepared pan. Bake crust 8 minutes, then cool on rack.
- Spread half of the ice cream over crust. Spoon 1⁄3 cup lemon curd over ice cream. Spread remaining ice cream over lemon curd. Dollop remaining 1⁄3 cup curd over ice cream by tablespoonfuls. Use small knife to swirl curd into ice cream, forming pretty design. Freeze until just firm, about 1 hour. Wrap and freeze overnight. Before serving, let pie stand 10 minutes at room temperature. Cut pie into wedges and serve, spooning strawberries over if desired.
Note: To toast almonds, preheat oven to 350˚F. Spread almonds in single layer on baking sheet. Place in oven and toast until fragrant, 5 to 8 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool. To grind almonds, place them in mini food processor and process until desired texture is achieved.
- Serving Size 12 Servings
- Calories 584
- Carbohydrate Content 64 g
- Cholesterol Content 111 mg
- Fat Content 34 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content 17 g
- Sodium Content 184 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g