Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
A velvety moist crumb, fine lemony flavor and excellent keeping qualities make this tea cake a hit time and again. The fruit makes an exceptional topping.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease 8 1/2×4 1/2-inch loaf pan, and dust with flour, shaking out excess.
- To make Lemon Cake: Put sugar and butter in mixing bowl, and, using an electric mixer, beat until fluffy. Add egg whites and egg, beating well after each addition. Beat in zest and lemon extract. Add flour, baking powder and yogurt, and beat until blended. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes on wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, to make Topping: In medium bowl, combine blueberries and raspberries, tossing well. Cut cake into 8 slices. Top each slice with 1/4 cup berry mixture and 2 Tbs. yogurt.
- Serving Size 8 servings
- Calories 290
- Carbohydrate Content 48 g
- Cholesterol Content 50 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 115 mg
- Sugar Content 33 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g