This simple flan is an easy but elegant way to showcase the delicate flavor of lemon verbena.
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon verbena leaves or 1/2 cup dried
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Bring milk to a boil in medium saucepan. Remove from heat; add lemon verbena leaves. Steep leaves in milk 15 minutes, and strain.
- Whisk together eggs and sugar in large bowl. Pour milk into egg mixture, whisking constantly. Fill four 4-oz. ramekins with mixture, and place in 9x9-inch baking pan. Set pan on middle rack in oven, and fill pan about halfway with hot water.
- Bake 1 hour, or until flans are set. Remove from water bath, and cool. Chill in refrigerator.
- Melt raspberry jam with 1 1/2 Tbs. water over medium-low heat or in microwave oven on high power about 30 seconds. Unmold flans onto dessert plates, and drizzle with jam. Garnish with fresh raspberries, and serve.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 210
- Carbohydrate Content: 38 g
- Cholesterol Content: 110 mg
- Fat Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 95 mg
- Sugar Content: 35 g