Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Haley Fredrickson has been a vegetarian for 16 years, and she concocted this recipe to create a healthful treat free of refined sugars and white flour for her two children. They love them—and so do we.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and sea salt. In small bowl, whisk together soymilk, brown rice syrup, oil, and lemon flavoring.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Mix well by hand.
- Gently fold in raspberries. Fill the cups of 12-cup muffin tin two-thirds full.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let muffins cool on cooling rack so bottoms do not become soggy.
- Serving Size Makes 12 muffins
- Calories 136
- Carbohydrate Content 20 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 108 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g