Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
1. Simmer lentils in plenty of water until very tender, about 20 minutes. Drain well, and set aside to cool.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper, corn, and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, until soft, about 5 minutes.
3. Pulse the cooked lentils, one can of black beans, and edamame in a food processor to a rough purée.
4. In a large bowl, combine lentil mixture, the remaining can of black beans, cooked vegetables, and remaining ingredients.
5. Cover and refrigerate mixture for at least 1 hour.
6. Form the mixture into 8 patties using lightly oiled hands. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet, and chill at least 1 hour.
7. Griddle on high heat or sear patties in a hot, well-oiled pan for 4 to 5 minutes or until well-browned; flip carefully and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serving Size Makes 8 burgers
- Calories 0
- Carbohydrate Content 0 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 0 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g