30 MINUTES OR LESS
If you cannot find fresh pasta, use dried instead, but adjust your cooking time.
- Preheat oven to 450F. Spray a 2-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil, and cook linguine for 2 to 3 minutes, or until tender. Remove from heat, drain and rinse under cold water.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and sauté leek, broccoli rabe and artichoke hearts for about 4 minutes, or until softened. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Line bottom of baking dish with half the linguine. Layer “meatballs” on top, and spread 1 cup pasta sauce over “meatballs.” Layer “meatballs” with sautéed vegetables.
- Put remaining linguine on vegetables, and add remaining pasta sauce. Spoon ricotta cheese over sauce, smoothing out to cover. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until top browns slightly. Remove from oven, and serve.
“Meatballs,” ricotta and tomato sauce? This dish is perfect for an Italian red, perhaps the smooth, inexpensive Codirosso Chianti.
- Serving Size SERVES 6
- Calories 350
- Carbohydrate Content 47 g
- Cholesterol Content 40 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 20 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 710 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g