Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
These are simple to prepare but look fancy. Use the long, ridged cucumbers (known as English, Dutch, hothouse or seedless) because they contain less water and fewer seeds.
- Trim ends of cucumber, and cut in half crosswise, then lengthwise. Scoop out seeds. Blot cut sides with paper towel.
- Crumble feta into bowl. Add sour cream, orange juice, mint, chives, orange zest and salt; mash with fork. Add a little water, if needed—mixture should be more creamy than crumbly.
- Mound filling into cucumber halves. Cut stuffed cucumber into 1-inch pieces.
- Place on orange slices, and garnish with additional chives. Divide among 8 salad plates, or arrange on party platter.
- Calories 25
- Carbohydrate Content 0 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g