Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
This may be the best brownie you’ve ever had—especially since it’s low calorie!
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter 8- or 9-inch square cake pan.
2. Stir together flour, sweetener and baking powder in bowl. Beat together butter, eggs and vanilla in separate bowl until butter is broken into little pieces. Add applesauce, and stir until blended. Fold in flour mixture until moistened. Fold in white chocolate. Measure out 1/2 cup of mixture, and drop by spoonfuls into prepared pan.
3. Fold cocoa powder and chocolate chips into remaining batter. Gently spoon chocolate batter over white batter. Batter is thick, so smooth out surface.
4. Bake 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool before cutting into 1 1/2-inch squares.
- Serving Size Serves 16
- Calories 125
- Carbohydrate Content 14 g
- Cholesterol Content 35 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 65 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g