Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Apricots and pecans combined make positively yummy muffins, especially when served right out of the oven because the pecans taste best hot. These muffins keep well for up to 3 days and also freeze well. Makes 24 muffins.
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line two 12-cup muffin tins with baking liners, or spray with cooking spray.
- Pour water over apricots, and set aside to soften. When soft, remove from water.
- Sift flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt into bowl. Add pecans. Stir juice, eggs and oil into softened apricots. Add to dry ingredients, and mix just enough to moisten. Do not overmix. Fill muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until beginning to brown. Remove from oven, and serve hot.
- Serving Size Serves 24
- Calories 170
- Carbohydrate Content 27 g
- Cholesterol Content 18 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 145 mg
- Sugar Content 12 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g