Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
There are no hard-and-fast rules for mixing ingredients, except for the fact that it’s better to add dried fruits after the granola is baked so they don’t turn to rocks.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Coat two baking sheets with cooking spray and set aside.
- Place oats in a colander and sprinkle with enough cold water to dampen them. Transfer to medium mixing bowl. Add cereal flakes, wheat germ, almonds, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- In small bowl, combine juice, honey and vanilla. Pour over oat mixture and stir until evenly coated.
- Spread granola mixture in prepared pans. Bake until golden brown, about 30 to 35 minutes, turning every 10 minutes so that it browns evenly. Stir in fruit and bake 5 minutes more. Let cool and store in airtight container until ready to use.
- Serving Size Makes 6 cupsVegan
- Calories 225
- Carbohydrate Content 46 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 3 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 124 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g