Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Pico de gallo is a traditional Mexican salsa. Serve it on a whole-wheat baguette instead of fried tortilla chips, and give it a Cuban twist by replacing tomato with sweet mango. The salsa with creamy avocado infuses healthy fats.
- Heat oven to 425°. Brush baguette slices on both sides with olive oil and season with salt and black pepper; bake on a baking sheet until light brown, about 7–9 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine mango, avocado, onion, cilantro, lime juice, jalapeño, garlic, cumin,
- coriander, and salt. Spoon mixture onto bread slices and serve immediately.
- Serving Size Makes 20 crostinis
- Calories 128
- Carbohydrate Content 14 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g