A potent, delicious ginger syrup brings this dessert to life. To maximize the flavor, pound the ginger lightly to release its juices before slicing it thinly. Makes about 1/2 cup syrup.
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 3-inch piece fresh ginger, pounded and thinly sliced
- 1 lb. lite silken tofu
- 2 Tbs. chopped candied ginger
- 2 ripe mangoes, peeled and diced
- 1. Combine sugar, 1/2 cup cold water and fresh sliced ginger in saucepan, and heat over medium heat. Cook, stirring often, about 15 minutes, or until mixture turns syrupy. Cool slightly; strain syrup, and discard ginger.
- Meanwhile, using electric beaters, whip tofu until texture is smooth and puddinglike. Stir candied ginger and diced mango into tofu.
- To serve, scoop pudding into 4 individual bowls, and spoon a little ginger syrup over tops of each.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 340
- Carbohydrate Content: 78 g
- Fat Content: 1 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 8 g
- Sodium Content: 125 mg
- Sugar Content: 70 g