Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Fresh ginger makes a surprising addition to a frozen treat. With its lively flavor, this sorbet enhances a main course or works equally well as a refreshing dessert.
- Combine water and sugar, and cook over medium heat until sugar dissolves and mixture turns slightly syrupy.
- Combine sugar water and diced mangos in container of blender and process for 3 to 4 seconds; the mixture should still retain some mango texture. Combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl and stir to combine well. Pour mixture into ice cream freezer container and churn according to manufacturer’s directions.
- When firm, scoop mixture into container, cover, and freeze for 30 minutes, if needed to firm. To serve, garnish each portion with lime zest.
- Serving Size MAKES ABOUT 1 QUART
- Calories 150
- Carbohydrate Content 38 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 0 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 10 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g