Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
In North America, maple remains the ultimate autumn sweetener. This simple dessert is so rich an sweet, it needs only a dusting of confectioners’ sugar for decoration.
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Lightly coat 10-inch Bundt pan with cooking spray.
2. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in bowl.
3. Whisk maple syrup, oil, vanilla extract, apple cider vinegar, maple extract, and 1 1/3 cups water in large separate bowl. Stir in flour mixture until just blended.
4. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 50 to 60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and cake begins to pull away from sides of pan. Cool in pan on rack 20 minutes. Unmold onto rack, and cool completely. Dust with confectioners’ sugar before serving.
- Serving Size Serves 12
- Calories 361
- Carbohydrate Content 57 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 384 mg
- Sugar Content 26 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g