You may replace the maple sugar with light brown sugar and substitute vanilla extract for the maple extract.
- 11/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 6 Tbs. melted unsalted butter
- Pinch nutmeg and cinnamon
- 1 lb. softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup maple sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/4 cups sweet potato purée
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbs. packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. maple extract
- 1/2 cup maple sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease 10-inch springform pan and set aside.
- To make crust: Combine crumbs, walnuts, butter, nutmeg and cinnamon in bowl and stir. Press mixture into bottom and about 1/2 inch up sides of pan. Bake for 10 minutes and remove from oven to cool.
- To make filling: Reduce oven temperature to 275F. Beat cream cheese and sugars bowl until creamy. Add egg and egg yolk and beat well. Beat in sweet potato purée, cinnamon and cloves. Turn mixture into cooled crust and bake for 11/2 hours or until set. Remove from oven and increase heat to 350F.
- To make topping: Beat sour cream, brown sugar and maple extract. Spread over cake and bake 10 minutes more.
- While warm, sprinkle with maple sugar. Cool on rack, then chill at least 8 hours.
Serving wine with dessert is a wonderful way to heighten the end of the meal. This cheesecake’s earthy, aromatic flavors will pair well with port. Try Yalumbe Museum Release Antique Reserve Tawny Port.
- Serving Size: Serves 10
- Calories: 530
- Carbohydrate Content: 52 g
- Cholesterol Content: 120 mg
- Fat Content: 33 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 18 g
- Sodium Content: 260 mg