This couldn’t-be-easier cornmeal dessert is made using instant polenta, which cooks in three minutes. Try sweetening it with flavored syrups or warmed jam instead of maple syrup.
- 2 Tbs. chopped walnuts
- 3 cups vanilla soymilk
- 3/4 cup instant polenta
- 1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or raisins
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, plus more for topping
- Toast walnuts in small skillet 3 to 4 minutes, or until browned and fragrant, shaking pan occasionally.
- Whisk together soymilk, polenta, cinnamon and pinch of salt in 2-qt. saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir in cranberries. Reduce heat to medium low, and simmer 2 to 3 minutes, or until thickened.
- Stir in maple syrup, and transfer to serving bowl. Sprinkle pudding with cinnamon and walnuts. Pass extra maple syrup at the table, if desired.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 294
- Carbohydrate Content: 55 g
- Fat Content: 5 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 108 mg
- Sugar Content: 22 g