On the rocks or frozen, with salt or without, nothing captures the festive spirit of Mexico and the Southwest like a tart margarita. At great personal cost, we tested and sampled and retested several versions of this popular cocktail to bring you the perfect margarita. Salud!
- 1 lime wedge
- Saucer of kosher salt (about 1⁄4-inch deep)
- 11⁄4 oz. tequila
- 1 1⁄4 oz. orange liqueur (such as Cointreau or Triple Sec)
- 1 1⁄2 oz. fresh lime juice
- Run lime wedge around rim of hurricane-style margarita glass. Dip rim of glass into saucer of salt, rotating rim in salt until coated with desired amount,
- Into 16-oz. cocktail shaker glass add ice, then add tequila, liqueur and lime juice. Cover and shake vigorously, 5 seconds. Pour mixture into salt-rimmed glass.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 218
- Carbohydrate Content: 19 g
- Sodium Content: 270 mg