Dried dill just doesn’t have the same punch, so don’t be tempted to substitute it.
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt or soy yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise or soy mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh tarragon (optional)
- 2 Tbs. fresh lemon juice or more to taste
- 2 (15-oz.) cans navy or other white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 to 2 dill pickles, quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- Dark green lettuce leaves for serving (optional)
- In large bowl, mix yogurt, mayonnaise, dill, parsley, tarragon if using and lemon juice until well blended.
- Add beans, pickle, zucchini, bell pepper and scallion and toss gently. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Serve over lettuce leaves or cover and refrigerate up to 1 hour.
- Serving Size: 6 servings
- Calories: 223
- Carbohydrate Content: 29 g
- Cholesterol Content: 7 mg
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 9 g
- Protein Content: 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 210 mg