Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
The longer you leave the olives in the marinade, the more intense they become. Use within one week.
- Place olives in medium bowl. Add garlic, mixed herbs, rosemary, fennel seeds, paprika, peppercorns, salt and red pepper flakes and mix well.
- Pack olives into glass jar with tight-fitting lid, layering them with bay leaves. Add lemon peel, then enough olive oil to cover olives. Tightly cover jar and refrigerate at least 4 days, shaking occasionally.
- To serve, drain olives, discarding peppercorns, bay leaves and lemon peel.
- Serving Size Makes 1 1/2 cups
- Calories 57
- Carbohydrate Content 0 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 907 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g