Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
- Preheat oven to 450F. Prebake fresh pizza crust, if using, for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from oven, and set aside to cool slightly.
- To make Simple Seasoned Tomato Sauce: Combine tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- To make “Meat” Topping: Heat 1 teaspoon oil in large skillet over medium-high heat, and saut8E “ground beef” and “sausage” links for about 3 minutes, or until hot and slightly crispy. Using a spatula, remove “meat” from pan, add remaining 2 teaspoons oil to skillet and saut8E onions for 3 minutes, or until translucent. Add Simple Seasoned Tomato Sauce, and stir. Remove from heat.
- Spread sauce mixture over pizza crust. Top with “ground beef,” “sausage,” cheese, “pepperoni” and “Canadian bacon” slices.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven, and serve.
The flavorful, slighty salty “meats” atop this pizza need a big Italian red. The Torre del Bardo Super Tuscan makes an excellent beverage choice.
- Serving Size Serves 4 to 6
- Calories 360
- Carbohydrate Content 36 g
- Cholesterol Content 20 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 27 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 1040 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g