Firm, earthy-tasting French green lentils hold their own in this salad.
- 1 cup French green lentils, sorted and rinsed
- 3 Tbs. white wine vinegar
- 1 cup couscous
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 Tbs. plus 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced and mashed to a paste with 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 4 cups arugula leaves, chopped
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Bring large pot of water to a boil. Add lentils. Reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes, or until tender. Drain. Transfer to bowl, and stir in 1 Tbs. vinegar. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cool, stirring occasionally.
- Pour 1 1/4 cups boiling water over couscous in large bowl. Stir in salt, cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork, and stir in 2 tsp. oil. Cool.
- Whisk together garlic paste, remaining 3 Tbs. oil, remaining 2 Tbs. vinegar and mint in small bowl. Stir dressing and lentils into couscous.
- Just before serving, add arugula, tomatoes and feta.
- Serving Size: Serves 6
- Calories: 257
- Carbohydrate Content: 35 g
- Cholesterol Content: 6 mg
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 10 g
- Protein Content: 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 309 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g