If you're tired of the same old sandwich, this all-vegetable pita should be a welcome change of pace. Feel free to include some jarred roasted red pepper strips, shredded carrot and/or red cabbage.
- 1/2 cup sliced green-leaf lettuce
- 2 Tbs. chopped pitted green olives
- 2 tsp. Basic Dressing (see recipe)
- 1 (6-inch) whole-wheat pita pocket
- 1/4 avocado, thinly sliced
- Fresh tomato slices
- In small bowl, mix together lettuce, olives and dressing.
- Cut pita crosswise in half and stuff with lettuce mixture. Tuck in avocado and tomato slices and serve.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 242
- Carbohydrate Content: 37 g
- Fat Content: 13 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 631 mg