30 minutes or fewer
If you prefer, use feta cheese instead of the goat cheese. This makes about 6 cups.
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 small eggplant, about 3/4 lb., unpeeled and cubed
- 1 13.75-oz. can water-packed artichoke hearts, drained and well rinsed
- 1 15-oz. can roasted red peppers, drained, well rinsed and chopped
- 1 15.5-oz. can small white beans, drained and well rinsed
- 1/2 tsp. herbes de Provence
Goat Cheese Sauce
- 4 oz. goat cheese
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tsp. pesto
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- To make Mediterranean Vegetables: Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté garlic 30 seconds, and add bell pepper and eggplant. Sauté 4 to 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium. Add remaining ingredients, stirring well. Continue to cook and stir, adding a few tablespoons of water to prevent sticking, if needed.
- To make Goat Cheese Sauce: Put all ingredients in blender or food processor; purée until smooth.
- To serve, spoon equal portions of vegetables onto 6 plates, and top with Goat Cheese Sauce.
- Serving Size: Serves 6
- Calories: 300
- Carbohydrate Content: 35 g
- Cholesterol Content: 15 mg
- Fat Content: 12 g
- Fiber Content: 10 g
- Protein Content: 15 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 700 mg
- Sugar Content: 8 g