This dish shows that not all turmeric-spiked dishes have to be hot and spicy. Feel free to throw in steamed spring vegetables, such as sugar snap peas or asparagus, to add color and crunch.
- 1 8-oz. pkg. pad thai rice noodles
- 3 Tbs. canola oil
- 4 large shallots, peeled and thinly sliced (1/2 cup)
- 1 Tbs. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 7 oz. baked Thai-flavored tofu, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain, rinse under cold water, and drain thoroughly.
- Heat oil in small saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots, and cook 7 to 9 minutes, or until shallots are golden. Remove from heat, and stir in sugar, turmeric, and garlic. Add lime juice, and stir to combine.
- Transfer noodles to large bowl, and fold in tofu, cilantro, peanuts, and turmeric sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 487
- Carbohydrate Content: 62 g
- Fat Content: 20 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 14 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 366 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g