Sure to satisfy, this breakfast is packed with filling fiber and muscle-supporting potassium thanks to the potatoes, as well as heart-healthy fats from the avocado.
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely diced
- 4 medium red potatoes, peeled
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained
- and rinsed
- Olive-oil cooking spray
- 4 large organic eggs
1. In a bowl, combine tomato, onion, cilantro, and lime juice to make pico de gallo.
2. In a second bowl, mix together avocado and jalapeño, leaving the mixture slightly chunky. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
3. Using a spiralizer blade that creates spaghetti style noodles, feed potatoes through the machine. Slice noodles in half and season with chili powder, salt, and black pepper.
4. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until shimmering. Add potato noodles and cook until softened and cooked through, about 7 minutes.
5. Divide noodles, beans, pico de gallo, and avocado mixture equally among four plates or bowls.
6. Spray the same skillet with cooking spray. Crack eggs into the skillet and cook until whites set and yolks are still runny, 3–5 minutes.
7. Top each potato-noodle bowl with a fried egg.
See alsoAll-Day Burrito
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 401
- Carbohydrate Content: 52 g
- Fat Content: 16 g
- Fiber Content: 11 g
- Protein Content: 14 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g