Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
You can be totally creative when selecting colors of fruit leathers for these cupcakes. Decorations are enough for 20 cupcakes.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 10 cupcake cups with paper liners, and set aside.
- To make Cupcakes: Cream butter and sugar, using an electric mixer. Beat in eggs 1 at a time. Sift together flour, salt, cocoa, if using, and cinnamon, if using. Stir dry ingredients into butter mixture until evenly blended. Divide batter among cupcake cups. Bake for about 22 minutes, or until tops spring back when gently pressed.
- Meanwhile, to make Chocolate Icing: Cream butter until fluffy. Beat in sugar and cocoa until smooth. Blend in milk until icing is of spreading consistency.
- Serving Size Makes 10 cupcakes
- Calories 390
- Carbohydrate Content 52 g
- Cholesterol Content 90 mg
- Fat Content 20 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 11 g
- Sodium Content 270 mg
- Sugar Content 38 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g