Quick and unusual, this dish is delicious for lunch or dinner. Serve nachos with cheese dip and a tossed green salad alongside. At night, add a round of chilled Mexican beer, and serve mugs of hot Mexican chocolate sprinkled with cinnamon for dessert.
- 4 large portobello mushrooms, about 5 oz. each
- 12 oz. Tex-Mex flavored crumbled soy “meat”
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 fresh or canned chile poblano, diced
- 1 cup low-fat mozzarella cheese
- Snipped cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Brush off mushroom caps, and remove stems, reserving for another use. Using a spoon, gently scoop out black gills from under caps; discard gills. Set aside caps.
- Spray nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Sauté soy “meat” 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in tomato, chile and cheese. Spoon mixture evenly into caps. Put caps on baking sheet.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes, or until mushrooms are tender. Put on individual serving plates, garnish with cilantro and serve.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 270
- Carbohydrate Content: 20 g
- Cholesterol Content: 20 mg
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 9 g
- Protein Content: 26 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 440 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g