For more servings or heartier appetites, you can double the recipe, though keep in mind that each slice is filling. Other toppings could include pickled jalapeño slices or thinly sliced sautéed onions.
- 12- to 14-inch prepared pizza crust
- 1 cup (half 16-oz. can) spicy fat-free refried beans, thinned with a little water
- 1 cup mild or medium-hot salsa
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese (4 to 6 oz.)
- 2 ripe but firm medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 1/4-oz. can sliced ripe black olives, drained
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Place crust on large baking sheet. Spread refried beans over crust to 1 inch of edge. Spoon salsa over beans and sprinkle with cheese. Arrange tomato slices in concentric circles over cheese. Scatter olives on top.
- Bake until cheese is bubbly, about 14 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand 2 to 3 minutes before cutting into wedges. Serve warm.
- Serving Size: 4 servings
- Calories: 304
- Carbohydrate Content: 38 g
- Cholesterol Content: 17 mg
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 19 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 121 mg