Layer on the Southwestern flavors in this pizza variation. Other toppings could include jarred pickled jalapeño slices or sautéed onions.
Meal Plan: Serve with golden acorn or delicata squash, allowing half a squash per person. Pierce each whole squash several times with fork, then microwave until easily pierced with knife but still firm, 4 to 7 minutes. Cut in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds before serving.
- 12- to 14-inch good-quality pizza crust
- 1 cup spicy fat-free refried beans, thinned with a little water
- 1 cup mild or medium-hot salsa
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese (4 to 6 oz.)
- 2 ripe but firm medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 1/2-oz. can sliced ripe black olives, drained
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Place crust on large baking sheet. Spread refried beans over crust to within 1 inch of edge. Spoon salsa over beans and sprinkle with cheese. Arrange tomato slices in concentric circles over cheese. Scatter sliced olives on top.
- Bake until cheese is bubbly, about 14 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand 2 to 3 minutes before cutting into wedges.
- Serving Size: 6 Servings
- Calories: 319
- Carbohydrate Content: 40 g
- Cholesterol Content: 22 mg
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 35 g
- Protein Content: 16 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 895 mg