Surround this dip with fresh veggies and homemade pita toasts for a quick and healthy meal.
- serving hummus and pitaServings
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 4 pita breads (5 to 6 inches)
- 6 cups bite-size vegetables for serving (such as blanched broccoli and cauliflower florets,
- carrot and celery sticks, cucumber slices and radishes)
- 2 (15-oz.) cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium cloves garlic, peeled
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Meanwhile, in food processor, process garlic until minced. Add chickpeas, 1/2 cup water, lemon juice, tahini, paprika and salt. Process until smooth, scraping down bowl as necessary. Transfer hummus to medium bowl.
- Lightly brush oil over both sides of each pita. Cut each pita into 8 wedges and place on baking sheet. Bake until golden and toasted, about 10 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes, then serve with hummus and cut-up vegetables.
- Serving Size: 6 servings
- Calories: 364
- Carbohydrate Content: 57 g
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 817 mg