Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Clafouti, a rustic French dessert, gets a chic twist with these individual
versions made in muffin tins. This is also a great all-purpose recipe for other fresh fruit such as apricots, apples, peaches, pears or berries.
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Coat 12 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Whisk together eggs and sugar in bowl. Add ground almonds and flour, and whisk until smooth. Gradually add milk, whisking constantly, until smooth batter forms. Stir in vanilla and almond extracts. Transfer batter to 4-cup measuring cup or pitcher.
3. Divide cherries among prepared muffin cups (about 5 cherries per cup). Pour batter into each cup. Bake 20 minutes, or until clafoutis puff up and brown around sides. Cool completely.
4. Unmold clafoutis with thin spatula or two soup spoons. To warm before serving: Preheat oven to 250F. Place clafoutis on baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Cover with second sheet of foil, and warm 10 to 15 minutes. Transfer to serving plates and sprinkle with confectioners sugar.
- Serving Size Serves 12
- Calories 96
- Carbohydrate Content 16 g
- Cholesterol Content 36 mg
- Fat Content 2 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 23 mg
- Sugar Content 13 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g