The ultimate dessert for serious chocolate lovers, molten cakes are the rage at trend-setting restaurants. Freezing the batter before baking guarantees ooey-gooey success.
- 4 oz. bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped (1 cup)
- 4 oz. (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbs. all-purpose flour
- Coat 6 6-oz. ramekins with cooking spray, and dust with flour.
- Melt chocolate and butter in double boiler, stirring often.
- Beat eggs and sugar with electric mixer at high speed 3 minutes, or until thick and pale yellow. Fold in chocolate mixture. Sprinkle in flour, and whisk to blend. Divide among prepared ramekins. Cover with plastic wrap, and freeze 6 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Place ramekins on baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes, or until puffed and set around edges, but still somewhat soft in center. Let stand 1 minute. Run sharp knife around edges, and invert onto dessert plates. Serve hot.
- Serving Size: Serves 6
- Calories: 298
- Carbohydrate Content: 17 g
- Cholesterol Content: 146 mg
- Fat Content: 24 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 14 g
- Sodium Content: 37 mg
- Sugar Content: 15 g