Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
The ultimate dessert for serious chocolate lovers, molten cakes are the rage at trend-setting restaurants. Freezing the batter before baking guarantees ooey-gooey success.
- Coat 6 6-oz. ramekins with cooking spray, and dust with flour.
- Melt chocolate and butter in double boiler, stirring often.
- Beat eggs and sugar with electric mixer at high speed 3 minutes, or until thick and pale yellow. Fold in chocolate mixture. Sprinkle in flour, and whisk to blend. Divide among prepared ramekins. Cover with plastic wrap, and freeze 6 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Place ramekins on baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes, or until puffed and set around edges, but still somewhat soft in center. Let stand 1 minute. Run sharp knife around edges, and invert onto dessert plates. Serve hot.
- Serving Size Serves 6
- Calories 298
- Carbohydrate Content 17 g
- Cholesterol Content 146 mg
- Fat Content 24 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 14 g
- Sodium Content 37 mg
- Sugar Content 15 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g