These little coconut pies are sturdy enough to travel in a lunch box or picnic basket. Check the baking section at your grocery store for vegan-friendly, ready-made graham cracker pie crusts.
- 1/3 cup sweet flake coconut
- 6 oz. soft silken tofu, drained
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 5 Tbs. cornstarch
- 1 14-oz. can light coconut milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp. coconut extract
- 6 mini graham cracker pie crusts
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread coconut on baking sheet, and toast 5 minutes, shaking pan occasionally, or until golden.
2. Blend tofu in blender or food processor 2 to 3 minutes, or until smooth. Set aside.
3. Whisk together sugar and cornstarch in saucepan. Whisk in coconut milk, and cook over medium-high heat 8 minutes, or until thickened, whisking constantly.
4. Remove pan from heat. Fold in tofu, vanilla and coconut extracts, and coconut. Divide among mini pie crusts, and chill.
- Serving Size: Makes 6 pies
- Calories: 283
- Carbohydrate Content: 37 g
- Fat Content: 13 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6 g
- Sodium Content: 134 mg
- Sugar Content: 18 g