For exclusive access to all our stories, including sequences, teacher tips, video classes, and more, join Outside+ today.
These little coconut pies are sturdy enough to travel in a lunch box or picnic basket. Check the baking section at your grocery store for vegan-friendly, ready-made graham cracker pie crusts.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread coconut on baking sheet, and toast 5 minutes, shaking pan occasionally, or until golden.
2. Blend tofu in blender or food processor 2 to 3 minutes, or until smooth. Set aside.
3. Whisk together sugar and cornstarch in saucepan. Whisk in coconut milk, and cook over medium-high heat 8 minutes, or until thickened, whisking constantly.
4. Remove pan from heat. Fold in tofu, vanilla and coconut extracts, and coconut. Divide among mini pie crusts, and chill.
- Serving Size Makes 6 pies
- Calories 283
- Carbohydrate Content 37 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 6 g
- Sodium Content 134 mg
- Sugar Content 18 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g