Fava beans are a favorite in Spanish cuisine. Here, they’re tossed into a salad that pairs well with hearty main dishes. Feel free to substitute lima beans.
- 3/4-cup servingServings
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
- 3 cups fresh or frozen shelled fava beans
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce or 1 head romaine lettuce, cut into thin strips (4 cups)
- 1/2 cup firmly packed fresh mint leaves, cut into thin strips
1. Whisk together lemon juice, oil, and garlic in small bowl. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Set aside.
2. Cook shelled fava beans 3 minutes, or cook frozen fava beans according to package directions. Drain; rinse under cold water.
3. Toss together cooled fava beans, lettuce, and mint in large bowl. Add lemon dressing, and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Serving Size: Serves 8
- Calories: 99
- Carbohydrate Content: 7 g
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 26 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g