Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Recipe by Chef Elliott Prag, Natural Gourmet Institute
1. Heat oil in a 3-quart pot. Add onions, carrots, celery, shiitakes, garlic, kombu and salt. Saute covered for approximately 10 minutes on low heat.
2. Add wakame, arame, and tofu. Continue to saute covered for another 10 minutes.
3. Add water, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for another 10-15 minutes. Turn off heat. Let broth stand for 5-10 minutes. Add ginger and lemon juice.
4. Temper miso in bowl by mixing with 2 cups of broth. Add tempered miso back into the soup pot. Serve, garnished with scallions.
See Also: Tempeh with Curried Coconut Sauce
Photography by Alexandra Shytsman, Natural Gourmet Institute
- Calories 0
- Carbohydrate Content 0 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 0 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g