There's a creamy secret to this dressingtofu, which also boosts the protein. Fresh dill adds a lovely flavor and fragrance; don't be tempted to substitute the dried herb.
- 1 1/2 heads red leaf, romaine or butterhead lettuce, rinsed, dried and torn into bite-size pieces (8 cups)
- 1 bunch arugula, trimmed, rinsed and dried
- 8 oz. soft tofu, drained
- 1 Tbs. nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbs. cider vinegar
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 tsp. honey
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 bunch fresh dill, coarsely chopped
- In large salad bowl, combine lettuce and arugula.
- Make dressing: In blender or food processor, combine tofu, yeast, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, honey, salt and 1/4 cup water and blend until smooth. Add dill and blend again.
- Pour dressing over greens, toss to coat and serve.
- Serving Size: 4 to 6 servings
- Calories: 65
- Carbohydrate Content: 8 g
- Fat Content: 2 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 167 mg